Fame and Fab Products Could Be Yours! Help Us Name Our New Makeup Remover and Win!
Whip Hand Cosmetics’ new makeup remover needs a name. So we’re giving YOU the chance to wield the whip hand, play Creative Director for a day and help us name our new baby. In return you could earn the chance to have your product name appear on our bottle (and win some other goodies as well.)
CONGRATS TO OUR FIVE FINALISTS and GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
We had hundreds of fans submit their ideas for what we should call our new Makeup Remover. From all of those entries, we had to choose five finalists for YOU to vote on. The final five names are:
CTRL-ALT-DELETE Makeup Remover – Kaitlyn McWilliams (Grand Prize Winner)
GET NAKED Makeup Remover – Sheila Nunamaker
GET OFF! Makeup Remover – Claire Wiegand
STRIP ME BARE Makeup Remover – Kyle Vanderlip
WHIP STRIP Makeup Remover – Laura Flowers
To vote for your favorite name, visit the Official Whip Hand Cosmetics Facebook Page, Like Us, and vote! Everyone who votes will be entered into a drawing for a Whip Hand Cosmetics Makeup Gift Pack (Retail value: $100.)
We need you to come up with a fabulous name for our makeup remover in time for our debut at the International Makeup Artists Trade Show (IMATS) in New York City, April 14-15.
In return, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a fierce prize package that includes:
1. Your winning product name immortalized on our new makeup remover product and packaging
2. An 8 oz bottle of the makeup remover bearing the name you developed before ANYONE else receives it
3. A $100 dollar gift certificate to Whip Hand Cosmetics
4. A “Profile Card” highlighting you personally, your services and/or website with every bottle of makeup remover that we ship for the next year. This is an amazing chance for makeup artists, fashion photographers, stylists or beauty bloggers to promote themselves with every bottle of our makeup remover that we ship. We’re really excited about sharing the love on this one!
Four Runners-Up Prizes
Our four Runners-Up will receive a:
1. 8 oz bottle of our new makeup remover when it’s released
2. $25 Whip Hand Cosmetics gift certificate!
How It Works
1. Complete the form below and submit your makeup remover name idea by midnight EDT, Monday, March 12th, 2012. You may submit up to three names with your entry. Make them fabulous! For official rules, click here.
2. We’ll review all of the entries and choose the five finalists. Whip Hand Cosmetics will announce the five finalists on the Whip Hand Cosmetics Facebook page on March 14th, 2012. The final winner will be chosen by which name receives the most “Likes” on the Whip Hand Cosmetics Facebook Page by midnight EDT, Sunday, March 25th, 2012. (So get ready to promote your name!)
3. We’ll announce the final winner of the contest on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 on the Whip Hand Cosmetics website and Facebook page.
What We Like: We like edgy, sexy, confident, fun and creative names at Whip Hand Cosmetics. Some of our existing product names include: “Give Good Face” Rosewater Tonic, “Brush Job” Makeup Brush Cleaner and “Strike It Rich” Oil Cleanser. Double-Entendres are always welcome and encouraged, but obscenity just won’t fly on a public label. It’s kind of like lingerie or rocking a short hemline: We like to titillate and tease with our product names and marketing, but still leave a little bit to the imagination
Understand the Product: This is a gentle, natural makeup remover for both makeup artists to use on their clients and any woman (or drag Queen) that needs to remove their makeup at the end of the day and prep their skin for the morning.
Understand the Whip Hand Cosmetics Brand and Philosophy: Understanding who we are as a company and our philosophies can help you come up with a better name.
Whip Hand Cosmetics is a line of luxury, hand-made artisan cosmetics made in Detroit with Attitude, for women by women. Founded and developed by veteran, award-winning professional makeup artist and licensed esthetician Riese Lauriat, Whip Hand Cosmetics offers innovative, trend-setting products for the face, eyes, lips and body that empower women of all walks-of-life, ages and ethnicities to Master the Art of Control. The collection will officially debut at IMATS NYC in April 2012.
Our marketing and advertising draws its inspiration from classic Pulp Fiction novel covers and celebrates the spirit of the modern, sexy and confident woman. Our tagline is “The Art of Control”, which is about encouraging women to own everything they do: From your heart, to your mind, to your soul, career, family and appearance. We think every woman can look and feel like a Super Model.
The Entry Window for the Fame Your Name Contest Has Closed. Thanks for participating. The winning name is CTRL+ALT+DELETE by Kaitlyn McWilliams.